Flies and filthMay 11, 2017
Slam the door on unwanted guests. Many of the same cold-weather preparations and preventive actions can be used to secure and seal off our homes from potential pests. Here are seven ways you can protect your house:
1. Caulk and seal all holes, cracks and crevices of your foundation, windows and doors.
2. Clean, organize and declutter cupboards, closets, and storage units.
3. Discard paper and cardboard boxes, as these attract pests.
4. Seal storage and food items in tight, secure plastic containers.
5. Check pipes and plumbing for leakage.
6. Leave firewood outside away from the house.
7. Place mesh screens on foundation or attic vents.